1. Each team must present a typed roster and supporting documentation. A legal birth document must be presented for all players who are participating in the Thanksgiving Holiday Tournament. A legal birth document is a certificate of birth with an official state seal, school records, conference ID cards, court documents or another document that shows the date of birth. Birth certificates without official seals, school records or other documents need a notarized statement stating that the information is true and correct and signed by the parent or guardian. These documents do not relieve any of the liability of penalty for the community submitting these documents if they are later proven to be false or incorrect. Incorrect documents or false documents can lead to forfeiture of games, ban your team or community organization from future participation in our tournament, and the coach can be held liable for any injuries that occur due to the use of an overage player.
2. The roster shall be completed by a team official and contain the following information:
3. Team information including a) Division, b) Name of Association, c) Team Name, d) Head Coach’s Name, e) Staff Names,
4. Player Information, a) Game Jersey Number (Jersey order number 1‐XX), b) Full Name (Last, First, MI), c) Age (as of July 1st of the current year), d) Date of Birth
5. The roster shall list players in Jersey number order.
6. The coach or team mom must have all registration paperwork present and available at each game. (Birth certificates, & Player identification sheets) Any team that participates with an ineligible player will be disqualified from the tournament.
7. Rule 5.0 ‐ Pre‐Game Check‐In
8. There shall be No Pre‐game weigh‐in.
9. All players must be on the certified roster.
10. All pre‐game check‐ins shall be conducted not earlier than one (1) hour and not less than 30 minutes prior to the scheduled game time.
11. Pre‐game check‐in must be conducted using the original Roster Book. The book will be made available to the opposing head coach. Each player shall be checked against the certified affidavit and photo contained in the official roster book.
Game Play Rules and Procedures
1. All games will consist of four equal eight minute quarters.
2. A running clock will be utilized in any game in which a team is behind by 21 points. The clock will not be stopped for any reason other than timeouts until the point difference is less than 21 points.
3. The game field for 6 and 7 year olds will be a modified field that is 80yds long by 40yds wide. This is due to so many other leagues playing of a modified field with the younger teams.
4. If your team is late to the game: examples include traffic, overslept, etc., your team will be penalized one 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct foul to be marked off during the opening kickoff. If there is more than a 15 minute delay then the opposing coach has the option of winning the game by forfeit.
5. Radio headsets will be allowed on the sideline by coaches only.
6. The 6, & 7 year old divisions are allowed one coach on the field during regular game play. That coach is restricted from interfering in any manner of play. If officials determine that a coach interferes, that coach will be removed from the field of play to the sideline for the duration of that game and that team forfeits the rite to have a coach on the field for the remainder of the game. If a coach decides to begin the game on the sideline, he may not move onto the field of play after the game begins.
7. If any player, coach, or spectator is ejected by a referee, field representative, or security personnel, the ejection will be for the remainder of that game and continue throughout that team’s next game.
8. Players may only participate in one age/weight division and for one team only. This is for the safety and concern of the athlete.
9. All teams must wear the same color uniform; pants and jerseys must all be the same color.
10. No fighting period. If you/your team fights you/your team will be automatically disqualified for the remainder of the tournament. You/your team will not be allowed to participate in any future Thanksgiving Holiday Tournaments, and you could possibly face legal charges.
11. All tie games will be decided by the deepest penetration rule. The ball will be spotted at the minus 40 yard line (you must go 60 yards to score). Each team will have one chance to drive the ball as far as they can, once that team has either scored, turned the ball over on downs, or turned the ball over (fumble, int) the other teams gets a chance to see how far they can go. The team that penetrates the deepest wins, if both teams score and the game is tied once again we will repeat the same procedure. In the event of a fumble or interception by the team that receives the first overtime possession, the recovering team must snap the ball from an offensive formation and advance the ball in order to win. The initial fumble negates the offensive penetration of overtime.
12. There will be no smoking, or alcohol use in the stands, or on the sidelines before, during, or after any games. Officials will charge an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for any violation and the person will be ejected from the playing field.
13. Disorderly conduct will not be tolerated. You will be removed from the premises and /or arrested by local police.
14. All coaches, managers and players must remain between the 25 yard line markers. Only six coaches and 2 managers are allowed on the sideline and the coaches and managers must be listed on the team’s roster, prior to first game.
15.. Foul language used by on field players and or coaches and players on the sideline will result in 1stoffense warning, 2nd offense unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, if there are 2 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties assessed during a game the head coach will be ejected.